Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!! It's shaping up to be a wonderful one. Already, Hubby is home with me for 5 whole days. It didn't snow terribly much last night, which means getting out of the city to go to Idaho today will be a piece of cake. Yesterday, after he got home from work, we ate homemade pizza, Hubby did the dishes, we played with Schprid, then put her to bed and played The Farming Game. Then we watched a movie. We stayed up way too late and had way too much fun. Yeah, it'll be a glorious weekend.

I won't be able to post, probably, until Monday. Sorry about that. I'll try, but I make no guarantees. In the meantime, because I believe in being grateful, I'd like to give you two categories in which to post comments.

The first:
Right now, as you're sitting here at your computer reading this blog, what are you grateful for? Don't think! Just type!

I'm grateful for beach-sized bath towels, for blinds that cover big windows, for my cat who is patiently waiting for breakfast, and for indoor plumbing that allows me to take care of morning hygiene without having to brave the 15 degree weather outside. I'm also grateful to all of you for reading my blog!

The second:
As you think about your life, with all of its ups, downs, and sideways-es, what are the big things that have made an impact in your life? What are you most grateful for overall?

I'm grateful for God, and for the knowledge that He is guiding my life to places I would never think to go on my own. I'm grateful that God guided me to my wonderful husband, who is a far better partner and friend than I could have imagined or believed possible. I'm grateful that said husband loves me and wants me and that I can make him happy. I'm grateful for Schprid and Wooble and for the love that constantly grows and flows from me to them and back again. I am grateful for wonderful extended family on both sides who love and support us in everything we do. And, for this year especially, I am profoundly grateful for our house, our animals, and the comfortable life which we live.

I'm excited to read your comments. I love the exercise of being grateful, and hearing what you are grateful for always gives me new appreciation for what I have.

Write happy!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm thankful for modern medical care as well as traditional herbal knowledge.

WV: imucks--designer mukluks for the modern woman, complete with wi-fi and a touch screen.