Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No Deal

We're going to Grammy and Grampa O's house for Thanksgiving this year. It should be a lot of fun. Thanksgivings usually are.

Just a note about Grammy, Hubby's wonderful mother, my Mother-In-Law...

She's crazy.

She's delightful, and bubbly, and happy, and a morning person, and crazy. Everyone in the family knows this.

She asked us what we wanted for Thanksgiving dinner. Because I am who I am, I replied, "A purple cow." Across the room, Hubby was shaking his head. "Don't say that," he muttered. "She'll get it for you!"

Grammy laughed at me. "Okay," she said. "Anything else?"

"Umm... I think I also want a pink sparkly sheep." Grandpa O, in the background, could be heard, "Grammy! Don't get it for her!"

We're fully expecting to receive both a purple cow and a pink sparkly sheep sometime in the near future. They may or may not be living creatures that have been dyed.

A few days later, she called me.

"I have a great idea!" she exclaimed.

An idea? Should I be worried?

"Do you know the game Deal or No Deal?" she asked.

"Uhh... I think I've played it once upon a time at a camping trip..." I vaguely remember that winning money is involved.

"Okay, well, we have the DVD version of it! It's fun! We're going to play it at Thanksgiving!"

Okaaaaay....

"Girls against guys! And then, if the girls win, or even if the guys win because we're going to take their money anyway..."

I've got a bad feeling about this.

"And then we're going to go shopping on Black Friday!"

Eww.

"At 5:30 in the morning!!!" (I swear I could see every single exclamation mark.)

Aack!

"Isn't that a good idea?!?"

What's a good euphemism for "No friggin' way!"? "I'm pretty sure I have to wash my hair that morning, Grammy. I'm so sorry I'm going to miss all the fun."

Seriously, people get trampled to death going shopping on Black Friday. That's not worth it to me at 5:30 in the morning. I'll do my shopping online, thank you very much. In my pajamas. At 11:00, after I wake up. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

But thanks again for the invite.

No comments: