Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Disneyland Pictures


So, a couple months ago, we went to Disneyland. Remember this post? Yeah, here are the pictures from that! Yay! (A note to the other members of the family who were there: I'm sorry I didn't post pictures of you. I love you dearly. The pictures I had were either not flattering, or I was afraid you would not appreciate having your face in such close detail plastered on the internet.) (A note to everyone else: There were other family members there. We had a great time. I'm sorry you won't get to see the fun pictures of my brother's bald head, or my Mom holding Schprid and both of them with huge smiles on their faces. Both pictures are classic.)

Anyway, on with the tour!



This is just after we got there. Hubby, Schprid and I entered the park about half an hour before the rest of the party, due to transportation issues. We walked up and down Main Street and had a grand time watching all the fun vehicles they have. We also had enough time that I was able to take more pictures than I did of the whole rest of the park. I like this one because they have a freaking huge horse pulling a trolley car. How cool is that?!? I knew I liked Disneyland.

Schprid was intrigued by the fire truck.

Here we are, waiting to go on our first ride! Have you been on the submarine ride since they renovated it? They still have a bunch of the old stuff, but they've taken out the mermaids (thank goodness!) and added a bunch of things from Finding Nemo. It's really cute now. Schprid loved it and went "lap-hopping" from family member to family member throughout the ride. Here she is getting a pre-ride snack. Understandable, really. At 10:00 in the morning, after having walked into Disneyland, I'd be a bit peckish, too. Come to think of it, I think we all had a snack at that point... but she's the only one who can get away with eating in a picture.
Her first ride on a Merry-Go-Round! Ponies! Woohoo!
Smile, child, smile. You're on camera.

Yeah, like that. Isn't she adorable?
Okay, so I'm biased. But still, she's pretty dang adorable.
She was also getting very tired at this point. She was still too wired to sleep, but it was naptime for sure.
I'm pretty proud of this picture. You can't tell, but they're actually moving right here. It was their first time flying around, and none of my other pictures of the Dumbo ride turned out nearly this good. Of course, Schprid is completely hashed at this point. After the merry-go-round, we'd taken her on Peter Pan, and Mr. Toad's wild ride, and I think a couple of others. She was either shocked and amazed by them all, or just didn't have the strength to keep her mouth closed. So... much... fun! Mustn't... sleep...

We took a break shortly after this and she got an hour long nap in one of the walkways in Adventureland. And I got an iced lemonade... Ah, that was a good day.


The next night, we went to Medieval Times. Again, Schprid was hashed. I swear she barely slept all weekend long. She was a great sport, though. Here she is waving the flag that Grandpa splurged for. Shortly after this picture was taken, she threw it over the front of our table, and that was the end of the flag. Thanks, Grandpa!

Medieval Times was fun, as always. There were horse tricks,

and great battles, and a king and princess, and gallant knights, and BBQ potatoes. Awesome.

So, we went to Disneyland for three days, and because you pretty much have to sell your soul to get a hotel room in Anaheim, we went camping. That was eventful in and of itself, what with sprinklers going off in the middle of the night and such. But one afternoon, I woke up from a nap and looked outside to find this scene. In case you can't tell, that's Hubby, my brother, and Grandpa all sitting in camp chairs reading a book. I thought it was funny; it's good to know that Hubby fits right in with the rest of the family.

And of course Schprid is there looking adorable, if somewhat unadorned.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

how do you pronounce Schprid?

WV: mandic. never mind.

Chels said...

How to say this...

Sch is pronounced the way they say Schedule in Britain. It's more of a Sh sound than anything. Then there's the pr like like in pray, and id like in Squid.

Kelty said...

AWESOME Trip!!

I especially love the horse picture ;) YOu are looking great, my friend.