Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Results...

First off, I would like to thank everyone for voting. It's fun to see what you all think! And now... drumroll please... the results!

Apparently my babies don't like ultrasounds. Schprid's took 45 minutes; Wooble clocked in at a solid hour.

...keep the drum rolling...

There were difficulties. This little child of mine stretched out very nicely for a good view of the spine, but that was where cooperation stopped. We got a good picture of one hand, but the other was very firmly hidden. Same story with the toes. And the top of the head, although there's only one of those. And the legs were, in the words of one of the technicians, "glued shut". Yup. This kid didn't give up anything easily.

...faltering drumroll...

And so, as a Mommy, I have to wonder if this stubbornness will be indicative of the child's personality later on. I'm already pretty certain the kid has a mind of its own and is not afraid to voice its opinion, which is part of the reason I'm pregnant now instead of in another, oh... five or six years. Am I afraid of this one? You better believe it.

...still drumrolling?...

Anyway, we got a call from the doctor's office yesterday after the appointment, and they said everything looked good. No cleft palate, size looks good, ect. We're on track to have a baby around the end of March.

...rat-a-tat-tat...

What was that? You want the verdict? Well, I don't blame you.

...Oh, here we go! Strike up those drums again!...

But I had to wait until my appointment was almost over before they were able to figure it out, so I figure it's only fair to make you sweat a little bit, too.

... tat? ...

:)

I know. I'm so nice.

:)

If I knew how to work my scanner better, I'd scan in the telling picture and see if you can figure it out from there. I sure can't! I tell you, those technicians are well-versed in what they do.

... silence ...

I'll tell you another thing. This little baby must have some pretty strong vibes, because most of you guessed right. We're having a little boy!

...Ba-da-BOOM!...

I'm scared and glad at the same time. On the one hand, I have to acquire a whole new wardrobe, get a new set of blankets, buy a blue diaper bag, do scouts, put up with leaping off the roof (which Hubby assures me will happen)... on the other hand, it'll be good to have some more testosterone to balance out all the estrogen in this house. (Even the cat's a girl. The horse is a boy, mostly, but he has to stay outside...)

The next challenge: figuring out a name that starts with R. We're still struggling with this one. We had an R name picked out for a girl. Dumb boys. ;)

14 comments:

Kerri said...

Congrats! I loved your post, although I was almost tempted to scroll down to the bottom ;-).

Lynn said...

I think his middle name should be Cameron! He sure sounds like his uncle!

Names: Riley, Ryan, (no, wait you've go that one) Richard, Raphael, Royal, Ralph, Ricardo, Ronald, Regulus, Romulus and Rebus.

by now I've no doubt you are shaking your head and reaching for the baby name book.

WV: eviling--the nickname you don't give your unborn baby.

Or maybe it's a gerund--teasing your niece with R names for little boys. I do think Riley's kinda cute.

Anonymous said...

Ragnar, Reginheraht, Rikward, Roibeard, Rushil, Rygecroft.

Julie/Mom said...

Congrats! Loved your post also. I too was tempted to scroll down before I read it all. But you are such a good writer I didn't want to miss all the humor!!

Terri Griffith said...

Congrats! boys are really a lot of fun. of course that is all that I know.hmm, R boy names are kind of hard. how about Ried,Robert,Reagan, Reese, or Riley. good luck.

Rachel said...

I scrolled. I couldn't stand it. But, then I went back and read it :) Congrats- I'm really excited for you guys!!!

Tiger said...

CONGRATS!!! Hope it goes well for you. How are you feeling? A boy will be fun. Just watch out for their overactive doodle when changing diapers. :D

Boy names that start with R? I think it'd be kinda of ironic to name him Robert as your maiden name is Roberts. :) What kind of name are you wanting? Something classic, rustic, unusual but not too freaky, something eccentric, a family name, etc?

Kris

ME said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We just had our second--a little boy too! I found your blog through FB...now you'll have to put up with my comments!

~Carla

www.jollyjansen.blogspot.com
http://HoustonParentsMagazine.com

Maria said...

Lol I laughed through that entire post. Congrats!!!! Though if your husband is anything like mine, you are probably a little scared of what that little boy will do as he grows older (ie jumping off roofs, as you mentioned) ;)

Of the names listed already I really like Riley and Ried so I thought I would let you see them again :D

Chels said...

Thanks all for the comments!!! I so love to hear from you!

As for R names, we totally appreciate most of the suggestions. We probably won't really consider Romulus or Reginheraht, but most of the others are fair game.

Here's the struggle, though. We can't do Ryan, or Robert, or Rodney, or Roger. The first three are already family names, and the last sounds awful with our last name. I really like Riley, and we've toyed with the idea of Randy.

Lots to think about!

Ruth said...

Oh boy you are good at stringing us on. Congratulations! What do you think about the name Roan? Since you like horses so much, it seems fitting. Of course my number one choice is still Ruthert. *grins*

I'm not so thrilled about the scouting aspect as well. I guess we'll get through it though.

Lynn said...

Rudolph? I liked the Roan, but Rowan is a cute variation of it. I know, it's a tree, not a horse!

Re: Scouting: the nice thing is that after cubs, Daddy gets to do most of it. We did 9 years of cub scouting followed by 12 years of boy scouting, with no break in between. It's kind of like having two kids in diapers at once! ha ha. I love the program; I was once a den leader and it was quite fun.

At the end of it all, we had one Eagle Scout, which made it all worthwhile. Sort of like the Capstone of the project.

I have to admit, though, that when A. was called as Cubmaster some years later, I did not go to the meetings! I waved him off--have fun, dear!

motarr: a cross between Motown and Mo-Tab.

Lynn said...

One more comment: I had a friend named Randy, who wished for a more mature name as he grew older. He was not a Randall. So you might want to think of Randall with a nickname.

When Dominic was born, not quite six pounds, a lady in the ward said, "That's a big name for such a tiny baby." I replied, "Well, I expect him to grow!"

BTW he's my tallest one now and wears the name well, though it gave him problems occasionally as a child. Have fun finding a name that wears well at any age.

WV: scultshe--not a word I would use for a first name. Doesn't start with an R anyway.