Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Accomplishment

We put up curtains!!!

Dang it. I wasn't going to just blurt it out like that. Let me try again.

Okay, you ready for this?

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?

Are you... okay, okay, I'll stop.

Seriously though, we put up curtains in our front room. It's been needing them for awhile, and we finally got around to it. They're cute, too. They're really just valances with swags, but get this: I made them. To top it off, the curtains for both windows, including the rods, fabric, ribbons, etc., cost less than $25. Not bad, I think, for my first-ever foray into the frightening and complex world of curtains.

Yeah, I was pretty proud of myself. I didn't use a pattern or anything, so they're pretty simple. I was inspired by this blog on window mistreatments. I'll post pictures when I finally get that camera...

Next stop: curtains for the kitchen. In a while. Probably after Wooble makes an appearance. And I get the house clean. And learn how to walk again. Not in that order.

Is anyone else feeling scattered this morning?

No comments: