Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1st

Happy Birthday, little Brother!

I say little, but only because he's five years younger than I am. For several years now I've looked up to both my little brothers.

And so, today I do a tribute to this little brother, now 23 years of age and, hopefully, 23 years of wisdom.

Little Brother,

Thank you for being who you are. Thank you for being smart, for having fun conversations, for working toward what you want and knowing yourself enough to determine what you don't want. Thank you for playing games, for going snowboarding, and for doing good things with your friends. It might sound strange to thank you for those things, but it is good to know that you have good, clean interests, that you are enjoying life. I admire you very much for the things you have done and the things you still want to do.

If I were to give you any big-sisterly advice, it would be this: Keep working. Keep playing. Keep learning. Life will keep getting better.

Love you tons!

Big Sis

P.S. Here's a weird thought for you... in six months, you'll be the same age Hubby was when we got married.

No comments: