Thursday, February 3, 2011

One of Those Days

Yesterday, I worked hard. Schprid and I went to the library, then to Best Buy to look at some physical examples of cameras, then to Michaels to pick up some picture frames. Then it was home for lunch and naptime (at which point I did end up buying a camera on Ebay (wish me luck that I'll get it this time!) then off to the Church to decorate for, participate in, and clean up after the Blue and Gold Banquet for the cub scouts. There have definitely been busier days in my life, but do all that whilst toting around a toddler and being seven months pregnant, and it becomes a rather full day.

Each night, my hips complain about being pregnant. They don't like it. For some reason, last night was particularly bad. I lay in bed feeling as though there was a knife stuck into my back right about where my right hip joins my spine. Of course, most nights I manage to fall asleep anyway and sometime during my creepy dreams the pain subsides and I'm able to face the next day as though nothing is wrong. This morning, however, there is still some remnant of the pain I felt last night.

Hence, I designate today as a Baby-Making Day.

You know the kind. It's the type of day when you dress up in your sweats, watch movies, putter around the house, and don't eat a single meal at the kitchen table. It's the type of day when you blow off the exercising you're supposed to do and instead eat pasta and ice cream. You live the day with the full intent of relaxing both your body and your mind, with the goal of recharging your batteries and luxuriating in the simple pleasures of life.

Okay, okay, so I milk it a little bit when I'm pregnant. Still, I think it's going to be a good day.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I like it. I need a baby-making day. Minus the baby. Maybe we can just call it a baby-me day.

I was enjoying one yesterday due to a snowstorm that closed the school, but I ended up going to work in the afternoon and tutoring. Ah well, I love the students so I'm not complaining. I also like a paycheck, which is based on actually working.

WV: respar--a partial respite, which is about all I got.

Or maybe it's re-spar, like replacing the masts on a ship. I guess it's still partial rejuvenation, right?

Kelty said...

LOL! EXCELLENT - Every mom should read this post. I agree, Chels, that this was very important thing for you to do (give yourself a break) PLUS - you are one of the most hard working (if not THE most hard working) person I've ever known. If you are tired, that really means somethin'

Sending my love,

Kelty