Friday, February 4, 2011

It's FRI-day!

Once upon a time, when I was in elementary school, one of our teachers walked into the room and announced in a loud, happy, sing-songy voice, "It's FRI-day!!!" That would have been funny in and of itself, but her voice cracked in the middle of saying FRI-day, making the first syllable over-loud, over-enthusiastic, and very high-pitched. We all teased her and laughed at her about it for a few weeks- including the other teachers.

To this day, I hear that voice in my head, announcing happily when it's FRI-day. I grin to myself and think about what the weekend has to offer.

This weekend? Nothing grand, for sure, but Hubby's coming home from work tonight and I get to see him and be with him and play with him all weekend long. Nothing makes me happier.

It's FRI-day!!!

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: