Thursday, February 10, 2011

David and Goliath

We have many books for Schprid. A few of them are Bible stories. They're large board books- just perfect for a little Schprid. Last night, Hubby read David and Goliath, the abridged version. This is how it went:

This is David. David is a nice guy. He watches over the sheep.

This is Goliath. He's mean. He's big. He goes "Grrr!"

Lots of David's friends tried to tell Goliath not to be mean, but he didn't listen. David wanted to try. His friends all said, "No, you're too little. You can't tell Goliath not to be mean." David said, "It's okay, God will be with me."

So, David went to talk to Goliath. He said, "Goliath, stop being mean." Goliath said, "No." So, David hit Goliath in the head with a rock.

See? David was a nice guy.

Maybe it's not so much a children's story after all...

3 comments:

Cameron said...

Nice guys beat people over the head with rocks. I guess I'm not a nice guy then.

Lynn said...

When you put it that way, he doesn't seem so nice. It's war! And Goliath was the enemy.

Or Goliath is a bully and sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. I once hit a boy with my math book, third grade, and stopped a bunch of fuss.

WV: borks--
obviously, board books!

oops, forgot to type the wv so I got a new one--

bashen-- what Goliath wasn't expecting from David.

I wonder...if i goofed again, would my third word be related so well?

ha ha had to try it--got oustr. what David was to Goliath.

I think I'll leave it at three. Third time's the charm!

Skyjam said...

I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet :D