Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pink Army

I have to gloat a little bit. Just because I'm a poor sport and a sore winner. :)

Have you ever played Risk?

"It's a game of world domination played by two men who can barely run their own lives..." (Thank you, Jerry Seinfeld.)

I thoroughly enjoy the game. It's not one I could play every day, but a few games a year don't go amiss. The longest game of Risk I've ever played lasted 10 hours over a course of three days. It was great.

When Hubby and I got married, we registered for, and received, a Risk game. It's not the typical version, though. It's one of those games that is put into a wooden box that's designed to stand up and look like a classy book. We like the look of it on our shelves, and it's a good game, but the pieces are little wooden blocks instead of little plastic men. There are also different colors for the armies. My army of choice is, you guessed it, bright pink.

The last time we played Risk was on New Years' Eve, just 5 nights ago. We played world domination. I had my pink army; Hubby played with green. After our initial setup, it looked like I had a terrible terrible position and I was going to die a sad, sad death. Five turns later, the entire world was covered in pink and there wasn't a green army to be seen. That's right, friends, I took over the world in five turns.

That's awesome in and of itself, but compound that with the fact that the time before when we played Risk, we played missions and I beat him in 4 turns (also with my pink army), and we start to get a fairly awesome trend. Seriously, who destroys someone else in Risk in 4 or 5 turns? I'll tell you who: me, that's who. :)

I'm pretty sure it's the pink army.

Hubby is pretty sure, too, so he's threatened to swallow his manly pride and choose the pink army for himself next time.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

We have the same version! Not that I ever play it...I'm spacially challenged! I'm pretty sure you could beat me in three or four turns no matter what color you have.

WV: mitagh--Gaelic for Mighty. The mitagh pink army hath won the day in battle.

Chels said...

Heehee. I love the word of the day! I might use that in conversation sometime...

Lynn said...

First you have to figure out how to pronounce it.

WV: nosiva A singer who is inordinately proud of her nose.

Ronnie said...

I love Risk! If you ever have the chance, try Risk 2210. It's all futuristic and you get to have colonies on the moon and in the ocean. Yay for pink armies! And word verification; Lynn you are hilarious. :)