Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Mansion Above

When I get to Heaven, and get to live in my big mansion, can I design it however I want?

I actually don't want a huge mansion. I want a fairly modest house with a wraparound porch and porch railing. I want a game room. I want a fireplace and a library. I want a big kitchen, even though I don't know if we're going to be doing much eating because, you know, we're dead. I just really enjoy cooking, so if we're going to be eating at all, I want a nice big pretty kitchen.

Mostly, I want a luxurious bathroom.

Mmmm....

I want a large bathtub, with plenty of nooks around for bathing stuffs- soaps, scrubbers, bath pillows, bubble bath, epsom salts, massage oils, face masks... and other nooks for candles. Lots and lots of candles. I want music, somehow, either a speaker system built into the walls, or a stereo with its own place of honor. I want large, fluffy bath towels. And, this is Heaven, so I want waterproof books, too. I want the entire room to be able to be completely darkened. No windows for me! But, I do want big windows in my library, so after my bath I can go dress in heavenly sweats with fuzzy socks, sit by the window, listen to the fire roaring in the fireplace, and cozy up with a blanket and a good book.

Again, mmmmm.....

That's a little piece of Heaven, right there, don't you think?

What's in your Heaven?

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Honestly, yours sounds pretty good to me. I love the idea of waterproof books too. I think my bathroom will have windows though. I'd also love to have a substantial plot of land with a beautiful garden (both food and flower) to walk through and enjoy, that allows me to do some tending to it but not require a ton of time or maintenance. Oh, and it would be nice if that big beautiful kitchen came well-stocked with quality cookware, etc.. You know?

Lynn said...

You gave me an idea. Our Bunco theme for February is candles. Boooring. I think I might do a candle in a pretty basket with some bubble bath and a pretty washcloth. If I can do it for $5. Dollar Tree maybe?

WV: geercit The little shelf in the transmission for those wheel thingies with all the cogs...

you know, where the gears sit.

Cameron said...

If death leads us to a place as luxurious as you make it sound, wouldn't everyone be dying to go there?

haha... get it? dying... to get there?

I crack myself up.

Chels said...

Cameron, you're funny. I like you. Enjoy your holiday today!

Lynn, good luck with the candle and basket and stuff. It's a good idea, to be sure... a nice bubble bath with candles is one of my absolute favorite ways to relax!

Ruth, I totally hear ya with the stocked kitchen... I guess I just figured that was implied! ;) And it might be nice, actually, to have a big window that leads straight from the bathroom to an enclosed garden... you could slip on your bathrobe and sit outside with the flowers and dry off in the sun... ooh, that has some possibilities. :)