Monday, January 24, 2011

Ireland

Hubby took me to Ireland on Friday.

Okay, okay, it wasn't really Ireland. It was, however, an Irish dance performance.

Have I ever mentioned that I love dance?

I really, really love dance.

I do believe that Irish dancing is probably my favorite style of dance, for several reasons, although ballroom dance may be a tie or close second. Mmmm. It's delightful.

Anyway, this performance was really cute. It was performed by an award-winning dance company, which is impressive because it was mostly young and teenage girls. Actually, now that I think about it, except for the instructors it was all young and teenage girls. But they also had a couple different music groups that also performed with them. One of the music groups was mostly bagpipes. Awesome.

The story told of Alice, a young girl who followed a leprechaun after her dance class. She went to an old Irish pub and saw a dance fight (one of my favorite numbers), to the land of the dead (cutest Zombies I've ever seen!), and was rescued by some adorable washerwomen. She was shrunk to the size of a fairy and got to see a bunch of them dance. She got caught in a rainstorm and washed up on a beach where there was one of the most rocking beach parties I've ever seen. She ended up back on the bench in front of her dance class where her mom finally picked her up. It was a cute performance, the music was awesome, and, because I'm hormonal, I totally cried.

Can I dance like that, too? Pretty please?

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You can. Take lessons after the Wooble is born and have fun! Sounds like a great way to incorporate dance into a story!

WV: uplat---U-Plat----a dancer's first few lessons when she feels like she might just go SPLAT! But if she sticks with it she'll get it!