Friday, January 28, 2011

Camera Woes

I've lost my camera. I haven't seen it since Thanksgiving. Sad story, I know.

I was given $50 for my birthday in December.

Do you see where this is going?

One day, back on January 3rd, I was browsing through ebay and drooling over the things I couldn't have. Then, because I was missing my camera and I had wanted to buy a camera with a few more options than just "point and shoot," I searched for cameras. Lo and behold, I found one. It was a Kodak Easyshare, selling for $50, with half an hour left on the auction and no other bidders. I read the reviews on the camera, and then bid on it.

And then I freaked out. It sounded something like this:

"Wait! What did I just do? I was going to buy curtains with that money, or a new dress! I don't need a camera that badly. I haven't done any research whatsoever! Is this really the best camera I could get? I don't know. Is this the best deal I could get on this camera? I don't know. What on earth did I buy a camera for? WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?"

It sounded like that in my head, via chat with hubby, and over the phone to my mom. For about two hours.

Oh yeah, I won the auction. I had myself a shiny (somewhat scratched) new (3.5 years old) camera, and a lovely little panic attack to go with it...

to be continued...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Part 1? What the heck.! Seriously? You better get busy posting, girl...I want the rest of the story!;)

~Carla

Chels said...

Tomorrow! There will be more tomorrow!

Chels said...

Oh, shoot, I forgot... tomorrow's Saturday.

Monday! There will be more Monday!