Monday, January 17, 2011

iWeb

Blogging is great. I love the openness, the ability to write anything I desire, to post pictures and videos, to pretend I'm a professional in the morning before dressing in my sweats to go take care of the Schprid and clean the house.

At times, though, I want a little bit more. I look at pretty websites and think, "That's so fun, but I just don't want to learn to code well enough to be able to do that."

Well, over the weekend, hubby showed me a cool thing that's been hiding on our computer. Seriously, we've had this for over a year, and I never even knew about it. It's called iWeb.

I could build a website.

I could build a website with different pages, different categories, different elements. It's drag-and-drop easy. It even incorporates a blog page in the traditional blogging format, if such is your pleasure.

I could have a section for stories, one for horses, one for family adventures, one for recipes, one for creative things, one for fitness... the list goes on and on and on!

Really, it tickles my imagination and my fancy because, while I'm not sure I excel at any one thing, I have tons of ideas, tons of hobbies, and a desire to do something creative to catalogue my life rather than just live it. Plus, I spend way too much time on the computer while Schprid is napping and whatnot, and it would be better, I think, to play on iWeb- my own personal website! How cool!- than to play Bloons Tower Defense 4 or Alchemy all the time.

(By the way, search for those two games and play them. They're fun.)

I want! Oh boy, oh boy, do I ever want.

...

:)

No comments: