Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

It snowed last night. It snowed all day yesterday, too. The two days before that, it rained. It's been beautiful.

Currently, there is a foot of snow adorning our yard. Schprid and I will be staying inside today, thank you. I'm a little worried about my horse, though. There's enough shelter out there that he could stick some of his body under a roof, but I'm not sure that it would be enough protection, or even that he would go there. Most horses don't appreciate human-made shelter very much. I wouldn't be worried about him, either, if it were just snow. But the rain for the first two days soaked him through to the skin, and then it turned colder and started snowing. I don't know what to do for him right now except give him a little extra feed- extra calories to help keep him warm. Maybe I'll squeeze him in the garage for a couple of hours and try to get him dried off, at least. And hopefully next year we'll have some sort of a shelter built for him, poor guy.

But the snow sure is pretty, isn't it?

No comments: