Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Details

Let's see... I'm due on March 30th, which means I'm at 16 weeks as of today. I've been feeling pretty good as long as I don't eat more than 6 bites of food after 5 pm. If I do, that's when I get sick. I'm showing a little bit, but just enough to look chunky around the midsection. I hide that as best I can. ;) I guess the pregnancy explains the fact that I've been eating Japanese noodles every day for lunch for the last 3 weeks. Oh! And for those of you who've been dying to know, I lost three weeks a couple months ago because I thought I was due on March 8th. When the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat, she sent me down for an ultrasound, at which point we discovered that I wasn't due until March 30th. :( Ah, well, I'm really just thrilled that I won't be pregnant during the heat of summer. With no cooling system in our house, that would be absolutely miserable.

I've found a doctor that I really like. She's a GP (I swear I'm never going to another OBGYN!) and we've had several appointments with her, both for me and for Cara's well-child exams. She's a good doctor, and she's also a human being. She talks to me like I'm a person. It's great. So far everything looks good with the pregnancy. Well, I've lost 14 pounds since getting pregnant, and that's without throwing up at all, but that should start to even out pretty soon. I really think a big part of it is that I'm actually moving during the day, what with chasing around a 1-year-old, taking care of a horse, and having property on which to move. Combine that with not being able to eat dinner, and the pounds are comin' right off. While I appreciate it, I'm also a little worried, seeing as how I'm not supposed to be losing weight during pregnancy. I'm sure things will work out fine, though.

At this point, Ryan and I think it will be a boy, but I'm nowhere near as certain as I was with Cara.

What gender do you think it will be? Do you have any name suggestions? We need to use the initials RKR.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

A boy...just don't name him Ryan or Robert...and you'll be okay. How about Richard Keith? From the sounds of it lately you could call him Ramen.

Grab a baby name book....!

WV: antsion: the restless feeling you get when you're expecting a baby. Antsy x Anticipation.

Kerri said...

Congrats! Your due date is very close to my due date with both my boys. Spring babies are great!

Not sure what type of names you like but here are a few I think are cute. Reese, Riley or Rowan.

Skyjam said...

Rupert Kinslayer Roberts

Lynn said...

You could go traditional with Rachel, or Rachelle. Karen, Kelly, Katrina, Kate...
Rachel Katherine...

I'm sure you'll pick something that's just perfect for your baby!

'cause you're such a good mom.

WV: ingensu--an ingenious way to spell ingenious.

Ashley said...

Congrats!! YAY!! My little boy and your little one can have play dates! cause im due in dec!

Ruth said...

Rahn, RUTHERT!, Kershaw, Kyle, Kevin,