Friday, October 29, 2010

Christmas Weather

Snow, snowmen, sledding, gloves, beanies, marshmallow coats... Ah, the joys of the white Christmas.

Yeah... I'm still getting used to that idea. For me, Christmas weather hit about a week ago. It was rainy, and wet, and cloudy, and still hovering around 60 degrees during the day, 40 at night. I got out the Christmas music (which I've been playing ever since) and my fuzzy socks and prepared to settle in for a wonderful winter.

Then it snowed. And it really got too cold for comfort. Grr.

See, I'm a California girl. I've had Christmases where I can go for a walk in jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt. It's warm enough that my family goes out and plays tennis in the afternoon, and cool enough that a fire in the fireplace is delightful.

Really, I think I'm just ready for Christmas anyway. Enough with this whole Halloween business. Besides, the closer we are to Christmas, the closer we are to my birthday... which is really my favorite holiday.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

That's true to a point, but then after your birthday you keep getting closer to Christmas and your birthday is almost a year away.

WV: defac==defac o' da matta is that your birthday keeps gettin' closa no matta what.