Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

For my third post today... :)

Mother's Day was wonderful. I have the best husband ever. He'd been telling me for months that he had a surprise planned for me for Mother's Day, and I loved the anticipation of it. We woke up that morning, and he told me to wait in bed while he got it ready. I finally went out into the living room when he said it was okay, and there I found a large box. Actually, once I got to opening it, I realized that it was three boxes that had been dismantled and taped together to make one box. I started unwrapping, and realized that it was a piano! Wow!

Well, it wasn't a full-on piano. It's a keyboard, which is even better, in my opinion. See, I don't really play yet, but I've tinkered with it off and on during the last few years. I enjoy playing for about 10 minutes at a time, which is difficult to do when the only keyboard you have is only big enough to sit in your lap and there's nothing that will hold your books. Still, I learned a little on that keyboard, and had mentioned that I wanted a keyboard that would enable me to learn a little better. And I got one! He got a fantastic deal on it, too, because it used to belong to his sister. Like I said, best husband in the world.

Beyond that... he made me Eggs Benedict for breakfast, and grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup for lunch, and chicken alfredo with green beans for dinner, and he did dishes twice and cleaned up most of the mess from opening and putting together the piano... he kept telling me that I wasn't allowed to do anything because it was my day and I was supposed to relax. I got too excited about everything, though, and started packing up our shelves so we could put together our dresser, and when he fell asleep in the evening (he'd been working hard, poor guy!) I did do the dishes.

Oh! And he bought me a corsage! It was gorgeous. It was an elegant white flower with a big light pink ribbon. I loved it! And I got so many compliments on it. He makes me feel so special. It's amazing. I love you, Ryan!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Oh yay! I love mother's day, especially when you have a wonderful husband.

Jeremy said...

lol so I just realized I am on Jeremy's account.
-Maria