Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hurray for Hobbies!

At the moment, I have two different ceramics projects that I'm working on. The first is just a completion of a school project that I started last semester. I created a language (yes, I know I'm definitely nerdy!) and inscribed some cool writings onto ceramic tablets. After the semester ended, I went and got them fired, so that now I can paint them, get them fired one more time, and stick them in a box ready to be moved to a place that has a yard... :)

I also bought a vase, today, with another cool glaze. It's sortof an experimental project just to see how much I'd want to get into ceramics as a part of my life. I love the things I've learned through ceramics- using different types of paints, painting techniques, brush care, how to make things look good, etc. It would be awesome to be able to share that with people. And now, I have the time and the chance to do more cool things with ceramics! Who knows, maybe I'll create at Etsy.com business with ceramics! :) Thanks for going to Patty's Ceramics with me, Holly!

Also- photography! I may or may not have an eye for pretty pictures, and, thanks to Aunt Lynn, I have found a cool webpage where I can create online scrapbooks with my dear friend Jules who definitely has an eye for pretty pictures! Plus, it's free, and I can experiment with different aspects of each page without the permanence of glue. I like it. I get very excited about craftsy things. :)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'd love to see pictures of your tablets if you want to post them.

Holly said...

Thanks for inviting me, Chelsea! I'm excited to get into ceramics a little more!