Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ow.

Once upon a time, I was pregnant.  I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm pregnant, I move like a turtle trying to swim through molasses.  Or maybe like a cow trying to roll over.  Or possibly a duck trying to carry an anvil.  You get the point- it was awkward.

Then, we got a Wooble and I was no longer pregnant.  Yay!  Time passed, and I began to heal.  I got an exercise bike and started to do cardio.  I got ambitious and tried to do push-ups.  That failed, but I have high hopes. 

The point is, I can move now, and it's glorious.  I'm really excited about being a non-anvil-carrying duck.  So much so, that for the past two weeks I have worked myself silly.  Today's exercise: workout on the bike followed by hauling the branches of a tree to a burn pile.  That doesn't sound like much until I tell you that the fire was burning for four hours, and Hubby and I took turns hauling those branches for about 3 of those hours. 

And, yes, I am still raising two children.  One of them stares cutely at us from her bedroom window, and we wave at her from the pasture.  The other sleeps in his little swing.  I love modern technology. 

Hubby and I are hot and smoky tonight.  I wish the actuality of that was as sexy as it looks in print.

Can I go to bed now?

3 comments:

Skyjam said...

I think a duck trying to carry an anvil would look a lot like a dead duck. Just sayin' ;)

Lynn said...

Hot and smoky sounds good until you remember what smoke smells like. Speaking of modern technology, isn't a shower nice after a day like that?

WV: forstu---I did it forstu but Stu didn't come. Darn him anyway!

Ruth said...

I totally sympathize with the turtle in molasses analogy. I'm SO READY to be done and work on getting my body back! I'm cheering for you!