Thursday, March 3, 2011

Heebie Jeebie Smoothie

Yesterday, I made a smoothie for lunch.  Headline news, I know.  The story gets better, but in the meantime, here's my fail-proof recipe for a fantastic smoothie:

Frozen fruit
Minute Maid Cherry Limeade
Blend well
Feel free to add other ingredients if desired.  Yesterday I added baby carrots and vanilla yogurt.  Didn't change the taste at all, but it did feel a little healthier.  For frozen fruit, I usually get the tropical fruit blend (already frozen) from Costco.  Good stuff.

Anyway, I threw the ingredients into the blender and grabbed the lid.  As I flipped it over onto the blender, a spider flew out and onto (thankfully) the outside of the blender.  Then he started crawling around in a panic, looking for somewhere to hide.  I gave him the nice cozy fold of a paper towel that then got thrown into the nice dark toilet and flushed down into the even darker pipes.  I hope he's happier now.

You know that creepy-crawly feeling you get when you find a bug crawling on you?  And then for the next ten minutes you twitch at every little thing that might happen to touch your skin, including your clothes?  Yeah, that feeling is worse when you don't know if maybe there's a spider you missed that ended up in your smoothie.

Mmmm... protein.

3 comments:

Cameron said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

Unknown said...

Haha. So, I didn't know that paper towels could go down the toilet. Cool!

Carla

Lynn said...

Paper towels should only go down toilets in the most dire circumstances. Like spider death.

They can, however, be recycled with yard waste. But you're not supposed to recycle animal by-products, so flush the spider first.

Right....

WV: sardist--someone who is meanly sarcastic or sardonic.