Saturday, July 4, 2009

45 Hours and Counting

First off, Happy Fourth of July! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Has baby come yet? No, not yet. Sorry to disappoint... I know how you feel! :)

We passed the non-stress test with flying colors on Thursday. Also, as of Wednesday, I was dilated to a 5 and 90% effaced. Why am I still pregnant? I have no idea... although we have started to assign little Cara some probably unfair personality traits, such as stubbornness and a slightly perverse sense of humor. Really, we've given her every opportunity to come. I've tried walking for hours, resting for days, drinking rasberry iced tea, and a couple of other recommended natural inducement techniques. We've gotten her birthday presents. That didn't work. We've tried withholding presents. That didn't work either. We even went to a BBQ last night, and at one point we got ourselves locked out of our apartment, both of which would have been ideal opportunities for her to decide to come. No go. I've resorted to poking the top of my stomach with the hope that if it gets uncomfortable enough in there she'll decide it's worth the trip to come out. I'll let you know the results of that.

At any rate, if she doesn't come this weekend, I'm scheduled to be induced at the delightful time of 6:30 on Monday morning. Welcome to the week, right? Wish us luck!

And really, Happy Fourth!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Come out little Cara--we REALLY want to meet you!!! I can't believe she is still in your tummy! Thanks for your email; I hadn't written you back yet because I was hoping you were in labor. Apparently not. Sorry. Anyway, we'll keep our fingers crossed that she comes on her own before Monday! (And if not, at least we know she WILL come, right?!)

Ruth said...

Aw man! I wish you didn't have to be induced. Hopefully she'll help you avoid that. I'm feeling ready to pop too, but technically I have more time. I'm going to be so jealous of you when she comes though.

Lynn said...

Good luck with your inducement! Maybe they have to poke you to let her out! Ha ha! Stubborn...takes after Uncle Cameron perhaps? A little shy to go with it? I can hardly wait to see her!