Monday, July 13, 2009

Progress Notes

Just a quick little post to let everyone know... we got Cara tested again yesterday, and her numbers had dropped so low that they ran the test again, just to make sure it was correct. The jaundice is gone! They're coming to pick up the lights probably tomorrow, and in the meantime she's getting used to sleeping in her own bed. Alleluia!

Also, my Mom has been here for two weeks already to help me with everything. She's been completely wonderful! My Dad flew in on Friday, but has to get back to California to run his business. Hence, even though she's less than a week old, she was blessed today (I guess technically it's yesterday, now) in Church. It was beautiful.

Beyond that, she's eating well (though every feeding takes at least an hour!) and as long as she gets a good meal, she sleeps well during the night. She'll give us at least 4 hours between feedings, which is completely awesome. Ryan is amazing... he usually wakes up to her fussing long before I do. He takes care of her until she starts full-on crying, at which point I stay up with her. I'm not getting quite as much sleep as I would like, but I'm not complaining in the slightest! She's such a good, pleasant, happy baby!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad things are going well! I remember those l-o-n-g feedings. Hopefully Cara will get faster sooner than Tucker did. If I were you, I would read or watch movies or something while she's eating--take advantage of the fact that she won't get distracted by anything else yet. It was so good to see you guys at church. Cara looked beautiful! Hope things continue going well! And I'm bringing you dinner on Friday, so I'll get to see you again then.

Lynn said...

Sorry I missed her blessing. I got your dad's call when I was already at church! (Got the message about the time I should have arrived in Orem!) I would have loved to have been there.

Today is your day. Rest when Cara does. Don't feel guilty about it. You've had a weekend of company and your body and spirit needs time to recover.

Love you, Aunt Lynn

Ruth said...

If you're nursing (which it sounds like you are otherwise Ryan would probably be able to feed her), be open to nursing her while you are lying down. For me it took until she was a few weeks old to feel comfortable with trying it. The other issue is whether or not you are comfortable with her falling asleep with you while she's nursing. Then put her back in bed whenever you wake up. It's a great way to squeeze in some sleep. Love hearing how you're doing!

Julie/Mom said...

I loved reading about your birthing experience. You will continue to love and cherish every moment from now on. Cara is beautiful and I love that Libby is her middle name. I will bookmark your blog and I will come back and check on your beautiful life.
This is Julie B.

Kelty said...

Yay for Jaundice being gone!!!