Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To Help the World

So... there are many things I want to do with my life. Ironically, school is not really one of them, but here I am. :) All of my life, I have wanted to be a wife. To me, that is the drive behind much of who I am and what I want to be. And so, here I am! Yay!!! I also wanted to be a mother, and that will come very soon, as well. I'm excited and grateful and I love my daughter very much. I'm excited to meet her.

But there are other things I want to do, as well. I do want to continually learn. I want to be healthy. I want to sew, and garden, and cook, and be creative in all these pursuits. I want to own, train, and work with horses. I want to be somebody that my dog loves.

Of course I want to write. That has always been one of my passions. I'm currently working on a writing project that may or may not turn into something really cool.

I also want to do something to help the world... to make it a better place for the people who live here and who will live here. To this end, I have several ideas.

I would love to impact people with my writing. I think this is a good way, if I can be successful, of reaching many many different people, of fulfilling my own passion, and it is something I can do in my own home, when it is cold outside and I am struck with an idea.

Ryan and I intend to go on missions later in life, which means that I would like to, in the meantime, build up enough savings to allow us to do that comfortably.

I'm sure I will impact the world through my children, but I would love to teach them by example as well.

Micro loans are incredible. I saw a special on BYU-TV about them once, and the idea is simply phenomenal. I would love to contribute to that effort in some way. It not only helps people; it helps people to help themselves. What an amazing gift to give someone!

When I was younger, I read a story about a girl who had a goal to help the world somehow. She didn't know how she would do it, but she was always looking for a way. Then, she saw the beauty of the flowers around her, and decided to perpetuate that. She started carrying seeds with her, and simply scattering them when she walked. I think it was lilacs, or something like that. She became known as the flower lady, and everywhere she went, flowers bloomed. It was so cool! I'd like to do something like that... to spread greenery and beauty and make the world prettier.

A few days ago, I came up with a new idea. See, so much of the news we hear and see is negative. It makes the world look so very bleak. And so, what if I were to begin another blog, and on it post something that is good news, either in our hometown, or in my own life, or in the world... I figure, at the very least, it would help me to see the good that is out there, plus, it would help to further the cause of goodness by putting more of it out into the world, which is really the best way to fight evil, I think.

I went to google and typed in good news, and came up with several different websites. This one http://goodnewsdaily.com/ has some advertisments, which is annoying, but also doesn't require a fee, which is good, and it seems to be a very good website for seeing good news. I approve.

No comments: