Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How important is it to like your doctor?

Normally, I don't really care. They generally don't end up helping me anyway, so I've lost whatever trust I may have ever had in doctors.

However, the guy I'm seeing now is supposed to be there for one of the more pivotal events in my life, Ryan's life, Baby's life... and I'm not terribly impressed. He's not good at communicating- at all. Heck, Ryan called him an airhead. He tries to be nice and friendly, but I still end up walking out of his office after every visit thinking that one of us is very stupid. This month I drew the short straw. Last month he did. Regardless, I don't trust him very much.

So, at six months pregnant, I'm wondering if I should go through the hassle of trying to change doctors... or of exploring the midwife option. I've done some research and am fairly impressed with what I've seen, but is it worth the effort and the money?

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Drop him. I use midwives that are part of my HMO, but even then, some impress me more than others. Shop around. You have plenty of time to develop a good relationship. My sister-in-law was using midwives but decided she didin't like how they do things, so she's found a doctor she likes. She's due next month.

Anonymous said...

DROP him! This is a guy who your gonna share one of the most amazing moments of you life. Why do that with a loser?
Just my opinion I wouldnt do a midwife, they are weird. Get another one!!!