Thursday, December 8, 2011

Someday's Promise

Have you ever come across something in a grocery store, an advertisement, a picture, and thought, "Someday..."?

Someday, I'll have my ideal body.

Someday, I'll be able to go there.

Somday, I'll be able to do that.

Someday, I can take those pictures, where my kids are the ones with the big smiles.

Someday, I'll feel secure enough with the money in our bank account and the money coming in that I can buy the fun things that tickle my brain.

Someday.

Someday.

I've been saying "Someday" for so long that it's become a hopeless mantra.  "Someday," is just a way for me to be weak enough to not seize Today.

Someday holds no promise.

Today, on the other hand, holds great promise.  For you see, Today, I can eat in the way that will help to get my ideal body.  Today, I can play with my horse and learn to do "that."  Today, I can do the work that will help me to go wherever I want to go, do whatever I want to do, and live the way that I want to live.  Today, I can promise myself that Someday will actually happen.

4 comments:

Holly Ford said...

Agreed. "Someday" without a plan usually means it will not happen. Taking steps today to make what you want "Someday" more reachable is a much better use of your time than just wishing and hoping.

Julie/Mom said...

Love the new picture at the top of your blog! Adorable!!

Lynn said...

Beautiful picture! And you are right about the somedays. Someday I will go up in a hot air balloon! I think I have a knew purpose for the coins I save in my piggy bank all the time!

WV: altanc __altanc and no save will not get my hot air balloon ride.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing! And I love the new picture in your header--seriously adorable! Your baby is growing so fast...it seems like he was just born!

Carla