Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lost Friend

Here's something interesting:

A couple years ago, I happened to click on a link that led me to a blog that immediately captured my interest.  For several months, I followed The Chocolate Chip Waffle religiously.  The author, Theresa Wellborn, had such a way of weaving words together that I was entranced.  Then, as happens, the magic faded somewhat and other things got in the way.  I became too busy with my own life to be able to read about somebody else's.  Occasionally I would go back to visit her again and catch up on her recent exploits.  I went to do that today, and found that her blog had been discontinued.  It was a shock.  I went back to my blog and clicked the link again, only to find that, yes, it really was gone.

Of course I Googled her.  What else could I do?  I found multiple references to her poetry in various contests, but nothing from the woman herself.  I also Googled Chocolate Chip Waffles.  The results only served to make me hungry.  I couldn't even find her on Facebook.

It's sad... I have never seen this woman face to face.  She commented on my blog once, I on hers a couple of times.  It weirded me out a little, actually, because I still don't know how she found my blog...

She's gone.  No explanation.  No goodbyes.  I have no claim on her, yet I'm left with a sense of loss.

Isn't it interesting, how we affect the world around us?

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I think I sent you to her blog, or her to yours...

Wv: 'cause I know you're sisters at heart...or at least COUSNES