Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Means Go

Remember yesterday, when I posted about the surfing?  That was a good day.  It was a long day.  I swear, it feels like it's been weeks since that happened.  I could swear that we've had family come stay with us at least 3 different times, that we've worked in the yard for two long afternoons and one long morning, that I've taken a test for my class, that we've taken the kids swimming, that we've taken walks and watched movies and read books between the last post and this one.  Of course, that's not possible, because there's no way I could fit all that into one day.  And of course, because I have decided to post every day and there's no way that I would sluff off in that committment, there's no way that we've done all of that.  None.  :)
Is anybody else really busy this summer?  Just asking.

Does anybody else feel like they're always moving and never really getting much done?  Again, just asking.

Hey, here's something fun!  I've been trying to take time out of each morning to play with the Schprid.  We build with her blocks, or color, or play with stickers, or take pictures.  I always let her decide.  Today, she wanted to do pictures.  I had a lot of fun with it, but I actually get more fun out of editing pictures later.  Here's one of the pictures this morning, and a few of the edits I came up with.  The first is the original.  The others have been tampered with.  Which one do you like best?








4 comments:

Skyjam said...

Very tough to say. At first I thought the colored one near the bottom. I thought it would be a shame to leave out the color on her little pink dress (or whatever it is) and the green band around the hat, plus I liked the slight softening effect you put on it. Then I started leaning toward the sepia, and then I looked at the black and white and realized that you just have a very cute little girl and all the pictures of her are pretty much equally adorable.

Lynn said...

I like the first one.

T. posted on your facebook wall. He's coming to your state and would like to see you.

Cameron said...

I agree wholeheartedly with our esteemed colleague Mr. Skyjam.

Jessie said...

So cute!