Thursday, March 25, 2010

An Explanation

Okay, so in my last post, I obscurely alluded to the story of Yankee Doodle Dandy. The way I understand the story, the song was first made up to mock the Americans. The "Yanks" decided they liked it and, instead of taking offense, they took the song and made it their own. The offense totally backfired.

That's what I was trying to do. You see, if I take the word "bigot" and make it my own, then it loses all its power. Perhaps, eventually, we can gain some ground. After all, that's what the homosexuals did, isn't it? I should walk around with a sign proclaiming "Bigot Pride!"

Yankee Doodle went to town
Riding on a pony!
Stuck a feather in his cap
And called it macaroni!

Hence the feather...

I hope that's somewhat clearer.

Oh, by the way, we signed the final papers today. As of tomorrow, We Are Homeowners!!!

I'm more than a little excited.

:)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I am so glad for you on the house! When do you move?

WV: dingerol
The bell I'm gonna ring because I'm so happy for you...sort of a cross between a bell and a drumroll!