Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Falling into Place

So... we're moving out this week. Sunday was, sadly, our last in this ward. We're signing the contract on our new place and moving our first couple of boxes in today. Our plan is to keep packing up throughout this week. At some point, Ryan's Mom is going to come and help us pack up, and his Dad and brother are coming later on... just in time to help Ryan celebrate graduating from BYU (which happens Thursday and Friday). Saturday we will move all our stuff into the new apartment and a storage unit and then head up to Idaho for the weekend so Ryan can go to his interview on Monday. Craziness.

Our new apartment
Cons:
-It only has one bedroom- and it has kindof a funky shape
-It's in Heber, where we don't know anyone
-It's up a fairly long flight of stairs
-It's the only apartment in the middle of a business park with no yard
-Ryan has to commute to work and won't be able to come home for lunch anymore

Pros:
-It has tons of storage, including a large pantry, linen closet, and walk-in bedroom closet
-The kitchen is beautiful! Small, but beautiful!
-It's a month-to-month contract
-It's in Heber, which is a small town and a new adventure
-It has a real honest-to-goodness mailbox! (I've missed having one of those...)
-It may have free internet access...
-Because it's in a business park, it has tons of parking
-Ryan will have a beautiful commute to work

At any rate, we're hoping we're only going to be there for a couple months, and our next move will take us to our very own house. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so happy you found a place, but so sad you're leaving us! That sure was quick! Is there anything I can do to help? Thank goodness for blogs so that we can keep in touch. I'm going to miss you being in the ward!

Maria said...

Oh ya for new places! I'm so glad that everything fell in place for you guys. Thats always nice. Good luck with the move!

Kelty said...

CHELSEA! chelsea, chelsea, chelsea :) I am sad I missed you while I was in town, BUT you were in the middle of a big move (plus Ryan graduating, is your life ever dull?) How do you like the new place? Hope things are going well, I tried to call but think I have your old number (darn getting a new cell and having to update everything by hand. . )
Sending my love,

Kelty

Ruth said...

Hmm. Sounds like you're in for a bit of an adventure. Enjoy as much of it as you can. Life changes so fast.

OH! Been meaning to tell you that for me, my childbirth experiences with and without pitocin actually seemed about the same. I can't say that one had any distinct differences over the other. I'm not sure what differing ammounts of pitocin dosage would do to change that though. Like how a high dosage experience differs from a low, but since I already knew what things were supposed to feel like, I knew that at 8 mL things were feeling like they should and that was all we needed. And I've heard of women being given as much as 30 mL. How much did you eventually end up with?