Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stranded!

So, I recently got a letter in the mail from the DMV saying something to the effect of, "Congratulations! You have a car! With that car comes the great privilege of giving us $117, plus a note that says your car is safe. In return, we will give you....Stickers! That's right! For the low low price of $117, you get two brand-spankin' new stickers that means cops won't pull you over." Yay. So, because I am afraid of cops, I dutifully took my car in to get it tested and make sure it's safe. Incidentally, I also told them to fix the shaking and, if that doesn't cost too much, to make it so my window goes up and down again, please. That was Tuesday. They fixed the shaking, the one that I thought would be the major problem. The car's running just fine, now. Unfortunately, they haven't managed to find the right part to fix the stupid window. And so, I am stranded. I missed both my classes on Wednesday, and today Ryan missed an hour of work just so he could take me to my 8 am class. I then hung around campus for another 4 hours, doing some homework but not doing much of anything that was terribly useful, and hoping the guy would call me so I could go pick it up. No luck. Now, it will be at least tomorrow before I get my car again. Arg!

Incidentally, Thank you thank you thank you thank you to all who replied to my last blog! It brought joy to my heart. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TWO stickers!?!?! No WAY!

Ruth said...

That's way too much. I think we pay $70...which is still way too much. And the law here is that the stickers have to be renewed by your birthday. Happy Birthday right? So, since George is in Robert's name, every year for his birthday we get to pay the government $70. Bleck. Hope you get your car back soon!

Adri said...

Chelsea! You are so funny. Just call me or text me if you ever need a ride anywhere. I'm always either at home or work, and I can always leave work for a few minutes.