Thursday, January 15, 2009

Maternity Clothes

I broke down yesterday, and bought myself some pregnant lady clothes. And, I've decided, I really like them. They're soooooo comfortable, and you can actually get some really really cute ones. I ended up with two pairs of jeans, and a denim skirt, and three shirts. It was an expensive trip, to be sure, but they may well last me throughout all my pregnancies, so I figure it was a worthwhile investment.

It was fun to try them on. First off, I walked into the store and was greeted with, "Welcome to Motherhood!" by a very friendly clerk. It took me a moment to realize that the name of the store was actually Motherhood. Quite clever, I thought. Anyway, she asked me a couple of things about what styles I like, then buzzed around the store looking for options for me. I poked around for a minute, then told her that I'm terrible at shopping (which is quite true) and she buzzed around even more. I finally went into the dressing room and was in there for probably almost an hour trying on clothes. A lot of them I didn't like, but there were some that were just so cute! One of the best parts, really, was this little pillow you can strap around your belly so you can see what the clothes will look like when you get big. It's so fun how cute the clothes look even with a big belly! I love it. I think I'm gonna be a cute pregnant lady. :) Ooh! And! Everything is way elastic and stretchy and stuff, so I bought my first button-down-the-front shirt in YEARS!!! I love the look, but they're all either too small to fit over my top or so big that I go swimming in them. This one is so cute!!! Yay.

Okay, so enough about that. Fun as it is. :) I'm staying at home and just going to school now. It's so nice. I have the energy to clean my kitchen every night. Right now, I have like two things of homework that aren't really due until next week, and otherwise I have the entire weekend (including Monday) to do with what I please. I need to clean, and work out and... learn to play the piano? I don't know what to do with myself! Hence, I sit around and blog about clothes.

Well, perhaps I could put some energy into making new friends... that could be a lot of fun. Hmmm. What to do, what to do.... Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited that you found cute maternity clothes. And I hope that Schprid is borned on my birthday.

Ruth said...

What to do? SLEEP! Get all the sleep you'll need for the next who-knows-how-many-years. Actually, after a while it's not that bad. But, when baby #2 is in the oven and you have that pregnancy lethargy, #1 might not let you sleep as much as you could and, well, it's exhausting sometimes. I'm getting better but it was rough there.
Congrats on the new wardrobe! It's fun! I'm excited to pull my maternity stuff out, simply for a change of wardrobe. I might be getting close to needing it.