Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happenings

Hello, Blog friends!  I'm sorry it's been so long.  I'm glad we're both here, though.  I have things to share.  Nothing in this post is terribly earth-shattering, but they are all the little happenings that make up a life. 

1.  Schprid has started going through that language explosion that happens around the two-year mark.  She says things, sings songs, and contributes to conversations in ways she has not been able to previously.  It's fun.  She has the best little personality.  She loves to clean up, and sings the little clean-up song as she does.  She watches entire movies, loves going to the park, and has begun to interact with her little brother by reading him stories and such.  She's a wonderful angel in our home.

2.  Wooble, while mostly a serious little tyke, is nonetheless very happy when he can see and play with people.  He has no teeth yet, but he is experimenting with sitting up on his own.  He's started in on the solid foods and so far enjoys rice, oatmeal, and mum-mum crackers.  He's a little skeptical about carrots and peas.  He's content with life, and sleeps like a rock.  It's awesome.

3.  Hubby continues to work in his job, mostly in his profession.  He's tired from the summer's festivities and abundance of yardwork, but is beginning to enjoy the relaxation that fall promises(?).  He is, of course, the best husband in the world.

4.  I am continuing to lose weight, and my current goal is to lose 29 total by Christmas.  I'm almost to 20, so keep me in your prayers. 

5.  In a recent exploit to scavenge and recycle metal on our property from previous tenants, Hubby discovered a stray hammock in our garage.  We have since cleaned it up and, as of yesterday, it has taken root in our bedroom.  There it sits, awaiting the blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals that will turn it into a swinging nest of joy.

6.  I recently finished the Hunger Games series.  I regret having read them. 

7.  Have you discovered Pinterest yet?  It is a glorious revolution of internet goodness.  I'm telling you, if you have a facebook or twitter account, go to pinterest.com and request an invite.  Then, let the pinning begin.  From there, you can discover  new ideas, pretty pictures, wise quotes, and fun gadgets.  You pin them and voila!  those glorious things become yours.  It's like shopping, but it's free.  Plus, you get ideas and quotes that you can't "shop" for in stores, but they're nicely tucked away in your pinterest account.  One of my favorite things is to go through the photography section of my boards and look at all the pretty things I've pinned and remember all the good things in this world.  It's my new happy place.

8.  With that said, I hate the new facebook.  Who's with me?

9.  Cruise and I are figuring each other out.  It turns out that for him, riding is easier than groundwork.  For me, such is not the case.  I'm devoting a little bit more time to him each week, and as such we're learning to work together a bit more.

10.  The clouds came down to hover over us in the valley today.  On our way home from Church, the fall colors ushered us home.  The light in our house was muted and soft.  We put the kids down for their naps, and in the deepening afternoon the smell of baking bread began to waft through the house.  Hearts opened and our family was knit together a little tighter as we enjoyed the delights of the cooler season together.  We smiled, and laughed, and shared, and life was very good.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You seriously need to write a book, you have a beautiful writing style. Sounds like all is well, and settling down at your house. I am just so happy for you with all the happiness, and joy.