Thursday, September 23, 2010

Some Random Thoughts

I like mucking manure. It calms me, gives me time to think, works my muscles, and makes me feel productive, all at once. I miss cleaning out the barn at Heritage, and I'm really glad now to have both a pasture that needs cleaning and a pile of manure that will fertilize our garden next summer.

These days, Japanese noodles are my favorite food. They're really really thin and cook in under 5 minutes. Then you rinse them out and cool them off. You serve them in two bowls- one has the bowl full of noodles floating in cold water. The other is your personal bowl with Memi, which is a watery broth. You transfer some of the noodles from the one bowl to the other, then eat and enjoy. By the way, it's polite to slurp them. Awesome.

My bedroom is still puke purple, but the house is becoming more and more my home with each passing day.

I'd really like to figure out how to hitch Cruise up to the cart.

I'd also really like to get some bells to attach to the harness.

Ki'i's allergies seem to be getting better. I don't know how, because I haven't changed anything in her life. She still scratches and picks at her skin, but she stops before she bleeds, which is encouraging.

Laundry, I've discovered, is an easier never-ending chore than dishes. Until it comes time to fold the clothes, and then I'd rather do dishes. Don't ask me why.

Summer has felt eternal this year, but I wish it would last just long enough for us to go on one more real camping trip.

I also wish our garage would paint itself.

Someday, I think I'd like to get my own website and turn it into a blog. Recently I've been reading The Pioneer Woman (see link to the left) and it's absolutely delightful. Especially, I think, if I can't get a book published for real, it would be fun to publish it on my own little website for all the world to see.

Cara just woke up from her nap, which means my free time/work time is over.

Sometimes, I let Cara lay in bed for longer than she thinks she needs to, because I can't quite face being "Mommy" yet. I don't know if her adorable little smiles necessarily make it all worth it, but they sure do make it better.

The spiders in Utah are wierd.

Apparently I just spelled weird wrong. "E" comes before "I" in this instance, which is why it has always confused me. It doesn't follow the rule or the exceptions. Weird.

About a month ago, I lost three weeks. Don't ask me how; I promise I'll explain someday.

In high school, I had some bright yellow shoes. I loved them. I took very good care of them. Then, I decided I was too grown-up to be wearing bright yellow shoes, and I got rid of them. A couple of years ago, I realized I missed my bright yellow shoes, and I went to DI and bought some light pink ones that are similar in style. I love them. I take good care of them. I'm not really grown-up, I think.

I have no idea how to end a post of random thoughts.

Peanut Butter.

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Glad you are enjoying Pioneer Woman. Love ya Chelsea!

Lynn said...

A character in a book I read said to his daughter, "Everyone has to shovel manure some time in their lives."

I too had moments of being unable to face mommy-ness. Love the kids to death, but why can't they sleep a little longer today? It was hard to find time to myself.

Here was my sister wanting more and here I was saying, "take mine for a little while!"

I always felt so guilty for not being a good mom or loving my kids enough and people would say "enjoy these years, they pass so fast" and that made it worse. My young years were passing amidst a flurry of diapers and strollers and cub scouts.

So just know you are not alone.

I was going to grab the bucket of Kilz in my garage and paint the one here which is dark unfinished wood and dreary. I forgot and gave the paint to Kevin, so I guess my garage won't paint itself either. But he used it well, so it's all good.

WV: expoloch
Neantherthal era of exploration.

Sina said...

you can get harness bells at Cal-Ranch or at the leather shop in Spanish Fork. As for hooking him up, look it up online or rent a video, it's really not all that hard to do! Or go up to Evanston and have Grandpa show you!