Monday, June 7, 2010

Momentous

Last weekend marked a new phase in our marriage. Thursday night, for the first time in over two years, Ryan and I spent the night apart.

We needed to go up to Idaho to help out with Ryan's cousin's wedding. I was needed, and could go, earlier than Ryan could. We fought it. We didn't want to sleep apart. But, when we really stepped back and looked at the situation, it worked best to have me go up earlier. So I did.

It was sad. I got to sleep out in the trailer by myself, which was kinda cool, but I knew I'd have a hard time sleeping, so I stayed up until I was exhausted. When I finally went to bed after midnight, I tossed and turned in bed for two hours before I was able to sleep. Ryan had an equally hard time sleeping here at home.

He finally arrived at 10 o'clock Friday night, and it was so wonderful to see him! We watched a movie that night just so we could cuddle on the couch. And we both slept well that night.

We've done it once and survived. But I don't want it to be a regular occurance; I like my husband!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Cute! I remember when that happened to us. It was not fun.