Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pampered

Wow. I have a fantastic Mother-in-law. (or out-law...) She is so kind, and sweet, and wants nothing more than to help those around her. She's one of those cute ladies who just loves babies and wants to spoil and help everyone. She's a lot of fun.

She and her husband came down from Idaho yesterday, and it was a wonderful day. First, she took me to Evans' beauty college where we spent 3 1/2 hours getting completely spoiled. Nails, toes, facials, hair... it was awesome. We both almost fell asleep during the facials... and the pedicures! Oh, my, I'd forgotten how much I love having my feet massaged. Jetted tubs, warm water, epsom salts... it was amazing.

Then, we made and ate lunch. It was a simple affair, but fun to have everybody sitting around our kitchen table. I was glad they let us provide the food. :)

They brought materials down for us to make 72-hour kits, with the coolest little camping stove you've ever seen! We actually made it right there in our living room. It's a paint can filled with toilet paper and alcohol poured into it and soaked into the toilet paper. It burns clean, lights easy, and costs less than any propane stove. Plus, you can take a larger paint can, put holes around the bottom, turn it upside-down over the flame and that makes the stove. Coolest thing ever! Ryan and I were way excited about it.

Ooh... and she got us baby clothes! Several little outfits, and blankets, and a nursing cover... so fun!

To cap it off, we went to Babies R Us, where we looked at strollers. We ended up getting one that was soooo cute! It's brown/gray with light green plaid, which will work very well for our little girl now and any boys (or girls) that might come in the future. It has all the latest features... storage, sippy cup holder, cup holders for mom, wheel locks (both brakes and turn locks), a car seat/baby carrier, one hand fold and unfold capabilities, and a very cool button on the top that tells the time and the temperature! How awesomely cool is that?!? I love it. We don't have the baby yet. Heck, I haven't even had my baby shower yet (so, technically, I don't know the stroller exists because it is a gift for the baby shower), but we got it set up last night and it's sitting in our back room and I'm just so excited!

Thank you Susan and Rod!!! We love you!

No comments: