Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Back

Remember when I said I was going to leave everything else alone and focus on horses and Mommyhood?

Epic Fail.

It started well.  I went out and worked with Cruise almost every day.  It was awesome.  Tons of fun.

Then, I realized that I needed a social life, and we needed more money, and horses are expensive, and I've always wanted to build my own business anyway, so now is the right time to build a Melaleuca business.  The weather turned cold anyway, and the pasture was muddy, and it was the perfect time to focus on a moneymaking scheme to fuel my hobby.  Totally logical.

Oh, but I also need to graduate college, which means I need to work on getting an internship lined up.  Applications, emails, phone calls, and interviews pepper my days.

And, as it turns out, I really love writing.  I love reading.  I love the written word.  I love writing the written word.  I am a one-drink-and-I'm-addicted book publishaholic.  Promising my brother a storygame which will require me to occasionally write a chapter here and there won't be too bad, right?  Right?  Except that now I'm getting ideas and phrases and entire scenes playing through my head for 3 different stories that I have in progress, and I want nothing more than to sit down and let my characters drive our stories forward. 

Each thing I do is a reliever from the stresses of the thing before.  Can't help it.  I can't live with all of these things, but I can't get rid of any of them, either. 

I have issues.

Please give me a hug the next time you see me.  I'm crazy. 


5 comments:

Jessie said...

You are not crazy, you are wonderful! Let me know what I can do to help!

Lynn said...

Good for you!
As for the money...do you love the Melaleuca thing? because maybe--do I dare say it---you ought to get another horse and give riding lessons.

WV: jambile--your thoughts today are all in a jambile. It's the spinning plates syndrome. I go through it too, a lot. I know I need to let some plates fall, but which ones? I feel like it's epic fail when I can't spin all of them. Occasionally I let the whole thing fall, (or more likely, I get tripped up and come to a huge crashing halt with health issues) and then I have to decide which plate to pick up first, because they all seem important.

Lynn said...

Oh, after my comment posted, it of course shows the comment box, and a new wv, which I just had to share with you:

inceome: Which we all need more of! When will your book be available? Maybe you'll be the next Beatrix Potter and be set for life.

Lynn said...

I can't get comments to work on your other blog...sadly, because I wrote a beautiful long one, followed by the Reader's Digest version, followed by...nothing....they're lost in cyberspace.

WV: coindef---when you make up a new meaning for a word.

Unknown said...

I think you're amazing. **hugs!** I know what you mean though--I feel the same way. I start to think maybe I should give up one of my blogs or other projects, but then it's like it starts to call to me. As long as you're happy, I think it's fabulous. :)

Carla