Monday, December 7, 2009

Housework

You know that kid at school... the one who gets bad grades, and then aces the STAR tests? The one who screws off, doesn't do his homework, and everyone thinks he's stupid until that score comes out? As soon as it does, all sorts of interest gets piqued, and the kid starts getting asked questions like, "Are you bored at school?"

Of course I'm bored at school. I'm a genius, and you want me to regurgitate the fact that 2+2=4 a million times a week. B-O-R-I-N-G!!! Can I read more of my book that's 15 grade levels ahead of me? Please leave me alone!

That's totally me. My house isn't messy because I'm lazy. My house is messy because I'm a genius.

Really.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love you. And completely agree with your logic :)
Love, Rachel

Ruth said...

Same here! I mean the messy house. Personally I think I just get too distracted. I'll be in the middle of one thing, notice something else that needs to be done, so on and so forth, and before you know it, the house is messier than when I attacked it.

Oh well.

Ruth said...

Also, thanks for changing my blog name on your roll. You're the best!

Maria said...

haha oh me too!!!

Sarah said...

Love this! Love you! We really need to do something again! It has been way too long!

Tiger said...

That must be why my house is messy.... wow. It all makes sense now! :D Chelsea you are awesome!

Lynn said...

You take after your Aunt Lynn!

Seriously, there always seems to be better things to do than housework! I do get to a point where the clutter lever insults my comfort level and then I clean up!

verification word: batila--I don't know, it sounds kind of like a witch's name. Then Princess Genuine at the poisoned pear that Batila had sent with the gnomes...