Thursday, December 11, 2008

Etsy.com

So, I was doing my homework the other day, looking up news articles that had to do with finance. I came across one that told about Utah moms (and many others) who use a website called Etsy.com to sell their handmade crafts. Curious, I checked it out and found everything from clothes to soap to stationary to frames to... well, you get the picture. It's really cool! I've been doing some research, and I discovered that in order to sell on this website, in essence to start your own cool business with a name and a banner and everything, you just have to sign up, pay a $0.20 posting fee for each item you post, and then a 3.5% fee off of what you sell. The wheels in my head are turning. You see, I recently came up with a neat crafty idea, and just finished the first one for myself. I intend to use it for awhile, see if I like it, and then, perhaps, make more and sell them. There are a couple things out there that are somewhat similar to what I'm making, but not quite as cool, in my opinion. There are all sorts of possibilities. And then, I could do other things as well, like making paper (which I've learned a little bit about from my dear friend Ronnie) or sewing, or... anything, really! Oooh... there is much fun to be had.

No comments: